osCommerce Online Merchant is a complete online store solution that contains both a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend which can be easily installed and configured over a web-based installation procedure. Vertax Technology has developed well defined osCommerce applications for various clients across the US and UK that covers all the functionalities requested by the customer / based on business needs. These osCommerce Projects are delivered to the customer on time. The Customization for these applications is tailored in well defined manner accordingly to Business requirements of the customers.
osCommerce also known as ‘Open Source Commerce’ was started in Germany in March 2000.The project founder and leader Harald Ponce de Leon was still working on its development. The Latest release 2.2 RC 2a was considered to be stable and the planned Milestone 3.0 version will be a major re-write of the program to incorporate an object-oriented backend.
Vertax Technology has an excellent offshore operating team in osCommerce. We customize this osCommerce application according to the customer requirements as a combination of e-commerce and online store management software program. osCommerce can be used in any web server that is installed with PHP and MYSQL. We also provide services to migrate your exiting store into osCommerce Store and database migration to osCommerce.
Although osCommerce is still in its development stage, the available Milestone releases are considered to be stable with the following features:
- Compatible with all PHP 4 versions.
- All features enabled by default for a complete out-of-the-box solution.
- Object oriented backend (3.0).
- Completely multilingual with English, German, and Spanish provided by default.
Setup / Installation
- Automatic web-browser based installation and upgrade procedure.
- allow layout changes to be adaptive, easy, and quickly to make (3.0).
- allow easy integration into an existing site (3.0).
Design / Layout
Administration / Backend Functionality
- Supports unlimited products and categories .
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews.
- Support for physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products.
- Contact customers directly via email or newsletters.
- Easily backup and restore the database.
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen.
- Statistics for products and customers.
- Multilingual support.
- Multicurrency support .
- Select what to display, and in what order, in the product listing page .
- Support for static and dynamic banners with full statistics .
o Products-to-categories structure.
o Categories-to-categories structure.
o Automatically update currency exchange rates.
Customer / Frontend Functionality
- All orders stored in the database for fast and efficient retrieval .
- Customers can view their order history and order statuses.
- Customers can maintain their accounts .
- Temporary shopping cart for guests and permanent shopping cart for customers.
- Fast and friendly quick search and advanced search features.
- Product reviews for an interactive shopping experience.
- Forseen checkout procedure.
- Secure transactions with SSL.
- Number of products in each category can be shown or hidden .
- Global and per-category bestseller lists .
- Display what other customers have ordered with the current product shown .
- Breadcrumb trail for easy site navigation.
- Dynamic product attributes relationship .
- HTML based product descriptions.
- Automated display of specials .
- Control if out of stock products can still be shown and are available for purchase.
- Customers can subscribe to products to receive related emails/newsletters.
o Addressbook for multiple shipping and billing addresses.
- Accept numerous offline payment processing (cheque, money orders, offline credit care processing, ..).
- Accept numerous online payment processing (PayPal, 2CheckOut, Authorize.net, iPayment, ..).
- Disable certain payment services based on a zone basis.
- Weight, price, and destination based shipping modules.
- Real-time quotes available (UPS, USPS, FedEx, ..).
- Free shipping based on amount and destination.
- Disable certain shipping services based on a zone basis.
- Flexible tax implementation on a state and country basis.
- Set different tax rates for different products.
- Charge tax on shipping on a per shipping service basis.